Amtico International Floors are an investment and with simple care and maintenance will be a source of pride for years to come.
An Amtico floor is extremely hardwearing – scuff, slip and dent resistant but even this tough surface can be scratched and marked by sharp grit and other objects.
Basic precautions will help keep your floor looking good and with our new and improved range of FloorCare products specially formulated for use with Amtico International floors, its never been easier to keep yours looking at its best.
Routine Maintenance of Domestic Amtico Floors Introduction Appropriate maintenance procedures will help preserve the appearance and extend the life of an Amtico floor. The frequency of maintenance will depend on the amount and type of traffic, degree of soiling and the fl oor colour and type. Where possible, PREVENT dirt from reaching the floor.
A suitable barrier matting system will help prevent soiling and abrasive material from entering a building and make maintenance easier.
Daily Sweeping and Dust Mopping Thoroughly sweep fl oor area using non-treated dust mop or dustpan and brush. Maintain barrier matting by shaking externally or vacuuming.
7.1.3 Manual Mopping
Prepare solution of Amtico International FloorCare Maintainer diluted in accordance with instructions on the container.
- Apply a solution using a well wrung mop to remove soiling.
- Mop using overlapping strokes.
- Rinse the mop frequently and change the solution as necessary.
- Dirty water will leave an unsightly residue on the surface. Allow entire floor area to dry thoroughly. Ensure all equipment is cleaned thoroughly after use and stored safely.
Any scuff marks that are not removed during routine cleaning may be gently rubbed with a non-abrasive or nylon pad of the type used on non-stick cookware.
Dealing with spillages
- Spills of water, grease, food, chemicals and other foreign matter may cause the floor to become slippery.
- Wipe up all spills immediately with an absorbent cloth, then wash thoroughly with Amtico International FloorCare Spillage Remover until the spill area is completely clean.
- Rinse and allow to dry thoroughly.
7.1.5 Periodic Maintenance
At least once a year, floors should be stripped thoroughly using Amtico International FloorCare Stripper to remove in-grained dirt and floor dressing if applied.
7.2 Periodic Maintenance of Domestic Amtico floors
Stripping The Floor
Prepare a solution of Amtico International FloorCare Stripper using hot water as per the instructions on the container.
Carefully follow all safety instructions, particularly noting that the floor can become slippery during the stripping process.
- Apply plenty of solution over a manageable area.
- Allow 10 - 15 minutes contact time. Agitate solution with mop. Do not allow slurry to dry.
- Remove slurry with mop and bucket. Rinse fl oor twice with clean water, allow to dry.
Application of FloorCare Dressing if required
- Pour quantity of Amtico International FloorCare Dressing into bucket.
- Using clean mop or fl at-type applicator, load with dressing, and partially wring out. Starting at the furthest point from the exit, apply a thin even coat around the perimeter and then apply to the main fl oor with overlapping passes.
- Allow to dry (approx 30 mins).
- Apply second coat at right angles to fi rst coat and allow to dry (approx. 30 mins). Ensure all equipment is cleaned thoroughly after use and stored safely.
Do not use the same equipment for the application of FloorCare Dressing as used for stripping. Suitable entrance matting, when properly serviced, can be effective in removing abrasive and foreign materials from foot traffic and reduce the amount of tracked in dirt.
Scratching. Use fibre matting to remove excess grit, dirt and moisture. Sweep your floor more often. Use Amtico International Floor Dressing for that extra protection.
Scuffing. As part of your routine cleaning use Amtico International Floor Cleaner, or gently rub with a wet. non-scratch scouring pad recommended for non-stick saucepans.
Sticky Floor. If greasy, remove solids with absorbent paper then wash with diluted Amtico International Floor Cleaner. If there are dull residues, mop floor again and avoid exceeding the recommended concentrations of product. Avoid using ‘other’ cleaning products, for example washing up liquid.
Staining. Blot up spillage with absorbent paper and wash with diluted Amtico International Floor Cleaner. Use a wet non-scratch scouring pad if necessary then rub remaining stain with turpentine. Leave for 30 minutes, and then rinse with water.
Floor Indentation. Protect your floor under heavy furniture with wide bearing cups. For chairs and frequently moved furniture, use easy swivelling wide wheel casters or felt pads. The subfloor beneath the tiles may be permanently indented if load bearing devices are not used.